Office of the Mayor
|This is Mayor Hallum’s first term as Mayor for the City of Willoughby Hills. Beginning in 2012, Chris served on the Mayor’s Economic Development Task Force before being appointed to fill the remaining two years of the vacated District III Council seat. Chris was elected for 4 year terms representing District III in 2015 and 2019, serving as Council President from 2020-2023. He is a residential realtor with eXp Realty, has served on the WWLC Chamber of Commerce Executive Board, as Advocate for the Knights of Columbus, and is Director of Hallum’s Heroes, a non-profit charity that raises funds for various local causes. Chris is married to his wife, Lynn and they have three children, Stacy, Roy and Cory. He enjoys serving the Willoughby Hills community and strives to make the city a place where residents are proud to live, work, and worship. Mayor Hallum looks forward to a bright future for the residents of Willoughby Hills.
FUNCTIONS OF THE MAYOR'S OFFICE:
- Responsible for the operation of the Administrative functions of the government, such as finance, safety, road maintenance, Mayor's Court, and recreation.
- Serves as liason to the members of the city's administrative staff and the Mayor.
- Receives incoming correspondence to the Mayor.
- Issues all outgoing correspondence from the Mayor.
- Publishes documents issued by the Mayor's Office.
- Manages the content of the city's communications mediums, such as city newsletter, City Website, and WHTV.
- Administers the WHISPER Program for Seniors.
- Completes grant applications for funding assistance.
- Acts as Plan Administrator for the City's health care plan, working to select health care plans and assist employees with health care claims.
- Serves as representative for internet auctions for surplus vehicle sales.
More details regarding the office of the Mayor are specified in Article II of the City Charter, which can be viewed by clicking here.