The Willoughby Hills Police Department Surveillance Camera Registration and Mapping
program provides an opportunity for residents and business owners to help officers solve
local crimes with the help of video surveillance cameras. With the popular use of
surveillance systems in communities, video evidence has frequently helped officers
develop leads and conclude investigations.
Participation in this program is voluntary.
How it works
Using the geographic location of registered cameras, officers from WHPD will be able to
directly contact a registrant to determine if they have helpful recordings, should a crime
occur near the registered surveillance system.
To register your exterior video security system, please complete the form below and return
it by email - or return it in person or by standard mail.
- Registration is voluntary.
- Registration information will be used by the Willoughby Hills Police Department only for official purposes.
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Willoughby Hills Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Under no circumstances should registrants construe they are acting as an agent or employee of the City of Willoughby Hills or the Willoughby Hills Police Department.
- If you wish to withdraw from the program, contact the Willoughby Hills Police Department.